The Richmar TheraTouch® LX2 is a Class IIIb "cold laser / low-level laser" therapy device, intended for use in the clinical setting, for the treatment of a wide range of conditions, including regenerative stimulation in chronic pathologies, reduction of acute inflammation of edema, acute and chronic pain, and soft tissue syndromes.
Capable of delivering up to 35 joules/cmÂ² per treatment that comes standard with a 850nm 9-diode cluster applicator. A single diode applicator is also available as an accessory. Like other TheraTouch products, the LX2 uses a modern touchscreen user interface with evidence-based clinical protocols to easily set up treatment for common acute and chronic conditions, and is backed by Richmarâ€™s industry-leading three-year warranty.
Laser therapy is based mostly on photo-chemical and photo-biological effects on cells and tissues. Observations have shown that if the laser light is supplied in the right quantities, a stimulation of certain cellular functions will be obtained, especially in the presence of cells with functional deficiencies. The biological action in using Laser therapy produces a series of effects on the cells in function of a â€œstimulatingâ€ action on mitochondrial functions with a higher production of ATP.
Expect the following effects on tissues treated with the TheraTouch LX2 laser therapy device:
Increased local blood circulation
Acceleration of tissue healing
Stimulation of the fibroblast cells
Increase in collagen deposition
The TheraTouch LX2 carries out an important therapeutic action for the acceleration of the healing process, and is thus very commonly used by chiropractors, athletic trainers, and many other physiotherapists worldwide.
Indications For Cold Laser Therapy:
- FDA-Approved For:
- Minor muscle and joint pain
- Arthritis and muscle spasms
- Joint stiffness
- Promoting relaxation of muscle tissue
- Temporarily increasing local blood circulation
- Other Common Applications Include:
- General acute & chronic pain
- Reduction of inflammation
- Back Pain
- Wound healing
- Carpal Tunnel
- Sports injuries
Product Features & Key Points:
- The ONLY laser therapy device on the market that comes standard with an applicator
- Delivers up to 35 J/cmÂ² of LLLT in a single treatment
- Built-in dosage calculator automatically calculates & displays output in:
- Easy-to-use menu-driven touchscreen interface
- Programmable treatment time up to 4 minutes
- Continuous or Pulsed output modes
- 2 output channels allows the simultaneous treatment of multiple body parts or 2 separate patients
- 10 pre-defined evidence-based clinical protocols for common indications developed by leading therapy researchers
- Save up to 100 user-defined protocols for specific patients
- Available with optional Therapy Cart and/or Single Diode Applicator (Select Options Above)
- TheraTouch LX2 Device
- Power Supply: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Maximum Absorbed Power: 60W
- Programmable Treatment Time: Up to 4 minutes
- Mode Of Operation: Continuous or Pulsed
- Emission Frequency: 1Hz - 10,000Hz
- Pulsed Mode: 90%
- Output Channels: 2
- LCD Back-Lit Display: Graphic 480 X 800 pixels (TOUCH SCREEN)
- Protocols In Memory: 10
- Number Of Protocols That Can Be Saved In The User Memory: 100
- Laser Classification: Class IIIb
- Remote Interlock Connector: 1
- Key Control: Passwords
- Command Of Execution Of The Treatment: Button
- Class of Isolation / Parts Applied According To Rule EN 60601-1: Class I, B-type
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 7.75" x 9.5" x 11.2"
- Product Weight: 5 lbs
- Sound: Speaker
- Single Diode Applicator(Part #: DQLLLT-SA)
- Diode Specifications: 650nm +/- 30nm
- Maximum Power: 200mW Â± 20%
- Beam Divergence: 19Â° x 34Â°
- Nominal Optical Hazard Distance (NOHD): 40cm
- Cord Length: 60"
- Multiple Diode Applicator(Part #: DQLLLT-CA)
- Diode Specifications: 9 Diode Cluster Laser 1040 mW
- Four 650 Â± 30 nm (10 mW) [LED]
- Five 850 Â± 30 nm (200mW) [Laser]
- Maximum Power: 1040mW Â± 20%
- Beam Divergence: 12Â° x 30Â°
- Nominal Optical Hazard Distance (NOHD): 60cm
- Cord Length: 60"
- BEFORE TREATMENT
- Check the patient for contraindications.
- Before applying laser therapy, it is necessary to prepare the patients skin to allow the laser light to reach the target tissue better and to reduce skin irritation, by doing the following:
Both operator and patient MUST wear the PROTECTIVE GLASSES.
- Clean the area where the head of the laser will be positioned with soap and water or alcohol.
- Make sure to dry the area well before starting laser application.
- DURING TREATMENT
- Frequently ask to ensure patients are not experiencing undesired effects from treatment. If necessary the treatment will have to be adapted. The amplitude can be reduced or the continuous mode can be changed to pulsed mode or vice versa.
- Do not look directly into the laser or remove protective glasses prior to treatment ending.
- AFTER TREATMENT
- Ensure the laser output has stopped before removing the protective glasses from the patient and treating clinician.
- Observe the treatment area to ensure no undesired effects have occurred.
- Tell the patient to inform the clinician should they have any adverse reactions.
- For most effective results, the applicator should be in contact with the patient's skin and may require multiple applications around the treatment area.
- APPLICATOR SELECTION
- For very small treatment areas, treat with the single diode applicator. For areas that are sensitive, use the single applicator first, then use the cluster applicator.
- PRE & POST TREATMENT
- COLD: If treating with cold therapy as part of the treatment regimen, apply cold therapy prior to laser treatment as it reduces the energy that is removed from the area and slows the flow of red blood cells.
- HOT: If treating with hot therapy as part of the treatment regimen, apply heat after laser treatment as it increases the energy and can be removed from the area by speeding up the flow of red blood cells.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- "Aren't Class IV lasers better than Class IIIb because they have more power?"
- No. The majority of clinical research surrounding low-level laser therapy has been done using Class IIIb lasers. That research has shown positive outcomes for quicker tissue healing, inflammation reduction, and pain management.
- "Should I be concerned that the laser will burn my patients?"
- Class IV lasers have a higher risk for patient burns because they were originally developed for surgery & thermal therapy applications. Class IIIb lasers are non-thermal so the risk is minimal.
- "Clinical laser therapy devices are very costly... Why should I buy yours?"
- Class IV & other Class 3b laser units may indeed be costly and also do not typically come with all necessary accessories, like an applicator. The TheraTouch LX2 is the only unit on the market equipped standard with an applicator and all necessary parts to begin treatment right away, and also supported by Richmar's industry-leading 3-year manufacturer warranty, so rest assured you will always be covered and well taken care of should any technical issues ever arise.
- "I don't know much about laser therapy and how best to apply the TheraTouch LX2 device..."
- No worries! The heart of the LX2 is a menu-driven touchscreen interface to guide users through treatment set-up each step of the way. Research-based clinical protocols also aid in quick set-up: Just select the patient's condition or treatment goal, and you are ready to go!
- Any questions, or assistance needed, along the way, just ask.
- "I am not familiar with Richmar. Why should I trust this manufacturer and product?"
- Richmar has been a leading US-based manufacturer and distributor of physiotherapy modalities and supplies for over 65 years. After inventing the very first ultrasound/electrotherapy combination device in 1958, Richmar continues to be at the forefront of innovation and trust in the industry today.
- "I am concerned about initial set up and training for the device. Is there support available?"
- Absolutely! The TheraTouch LX2 comes ready-to-use right outside the box. Always refer to the Operation Manual first, and if any additional training is needed, just contact your dealer to coordinate and schedule a more formal training session. The goal is to ensure that when all is said and done, you know exactly how to use the product, and feel comfortable doing so. Your dealer will always be available should any questions ever arise.
1x Richmar TheraTouch LX2 Device
2x Laser Protective Goggles With Cleaning Cloth & Carrying Case
1x AC Power Cord
1x 9 Diode Cluster Applicator
1x User Manual
Therapy Cart & Single Diode Applicator available as optional accessories.