The Richmar SuperStim Electrodes are the result of over 45 years of experience with electro-therapeutic modalities with the goal of creating the ultimate electrode pads for such electrotherapy treatments as TENS, EMS/NMES, Interferential (IFC), Russian Stim, and Microcurrent.
Incorporating the latest in electrode manufacturing technology, Richmar combines LEADSTAY, a proprietary bonding and moisture barrier, that offers each individual pad a high tensile lead wire strength, as well as eliminating delamination when applying moist heat therapy packs, together with electrotherapy. This allows the safe use of electrotherapy stimulation along with heat to help provide greater comfort and relief, and accelerate the healing process at the same time.
The difference between the SuperStim and MultiStim lines of electrodes? With the SuperStim pads, Richmar goes a step further in the manufacturing process by embedding a thin silver-lining layer in the construction of the electrode pad itself. Doing so results in a much more even distribution of the electrical stimulation throughout the area of the pad, so that it is not necessarily concentrated in the middle of the pad, but also reduces the chance of any burning or biting along the edges, which may occur with more economical electrodes out there. This means greater effectiveness with each electrotherapy treatment, along with a higher level of comfort and safety.
- Available in 2" x 2" Squares or 2" x 3.5" Rectangles.
- Most versatile and commonly used sizes.
- Sold as 4 individual electrodes per pack.
- Premium e-stim electrode pads that do not sacrifice adhesion or performance.
- High-quality carbon film + silver lining layer for maximum distribution of electrical current throughout the area of the pad.
- Reduces chance of burning or biting along the edges.
- Proprietary adhesive gel formulation offers maximum resistance towards drying out.
- Greater level of re-usability before needing to be discarded, compared to competitors' electrodes.
- Molded-socket, 3.5" length pigtail connector, for easy compatibility with industry-standard 2mm diameter pin-style lead wires.
- Richmar electrodes are proudly made in the U.S.A.
Instructions For Use:
- Clean skin area thoroughly with soap and water, then dry.
- Insert pins of the lead wire from the device in use, into the electrode's pigtail connector.
- Remove electrode from clear plastic liner, do not pull on the lead wire when removing the electrode from the liner.
- Retain electrode liner for storage.
- Apply firmly to skin and turn on the device.
Removal & Storage:
- Turn off device and peel electrode off the skin by steady lifting at the edge.
- Place electrode on the liner and disconnect the lead wire from the pigtail connector.
- Store electrodes inside resealable poly bag in a cool, dry location.
- Do NOT use with cardiac pacemakers, implanted defibrillators, or other implanted metallic or electronic devices.
- Indicated for single patient use only. Do not use same electrodes on multiple patients.
- Do not place electrodes over open wounds, swollen, infected, broken, or inflammed skin.
- Conditions could include phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, etc.
- Do not apply over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
- Do not place electrodes transcerebrally, on the anterior neck area, or across the chest as this may affect breathing, heart rhythms, and/or blood pressure.
- Replace electrodes if they no longer adhere firmly to the skin.
- Keep electrodes separated within 2" - 6" from each other during treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while in use.
- Long-term effects of prolonged electrical stimulation use are unknown.
- Skin irritation may develop due to electrical stimulation, or certain ingredients used in the adhesive gel.
- Do not apply electrodes to the head, as this may result in adverse reactions.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- To avoid discomfort or burns, use appropriate size and shape of electrode for affected area of the body.